Graduate & Advanced Studies Training
Are you looking to receive the highest quality clinical training that incorporates live supervision, practice opportunities for resiliency, and robust direct clinical experience in a rigorous and caring environment?
Then apply to join our clinical internship team: applications open January 2021 for the 2021-2022 program.
Hours are offered towards your graduate school requirements or advanced licensure with the program running on an academic calendar starting in late August and running through mid-May.
The 2020-2021 program is currently in session; applications for the 2021-2022 program will be accepted January through March 2021.
We meet the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board and the New Mexico Social Work Licensing Board requirements for both practicum and internship.Graduate Interns are required to work a minimum of 16 hours offering direct and indirect service during the center’s weekly schedule. The Center is open from 4 to 8pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 2 to 6pm for family sessions. Hours of operation are 9am – 4pm throughout the week to accommodate the administrative responsibilities of both staff and students.
Steps to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter and resume with application materials listed below.
- Complete the internship application form and answer two questions from the application as completely as possible. (See page two of the application form.)
- Please download reference letter template and have three references submit directly via mail or email to the contact information shown below.
Submit application to:
|PO Box 6004 Santa Fe, NM 87502|
About this Training
The Sky Center is staffed by experienced supervisors who provide intensive training to graduate interns of social work and counseling as well as advanced training for practicing clinicians, physicians, and school counselors. This training program, unique in New Mexico, utilizes a team approach with one-way mirror direct observation and live supervision.
Training consists of:
- Culturally competent approaches that recognize the differences and uniqueness of all families
- Practical skill based interventions to help families address serious issues and experience change
- The whole village concept that invites multigenerational, extended and blended families to protect a youth from risk
- Mindful awareness strategies that build therapeutic presence and emotional resiliency skills necessary for letting go of client stories
Hundreds of graduate students have received training in family and group therapy at The Sky Center. Over 90% of these therapists stay in New Mexico and continue to serve local communities with their newly developed specialized skills and cultural competencies.
More information about our Graduate and Advanced Studies Training Program:
If you are an interested post-graduate clinician, we offer a limited number of positions and hours for people who have already obtained a graduate degree in counseling, or related field, and are interested in family therapy training and collecting hours towards licensure.
Please note that Advanced Studies tuition is $1,000 with payment plans available. If you meet this description and are interested in our Advanced Studies program, please submit a cover letter and resume. In your Advanced Studies cover letter, please include the number of post-graduate, supervised in-session hours you have obtained to date, what license you are working towards, plans for taking your licensing exam or if you have already passed your licensure exam and when.
Please submit digitally or via U.S. mail to one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Sky Center, PO Box 6004, Santa Fe, NM, 87502
In your Advanced Studies cover letter, please include:
- The number of post-graduate
- Supervised in-session hours you have obtained to date
- What license you are working towards
- Plans for taking your licensing exam or if you have already passed your licensure exam and when
The Sky Center is by far the most organized and well-supervised training that I have experienced as a trainee or an intern. The ability to help clients in a therapeutic setting that fosters love and care that is both educational and professional has put me in a wonderful position to be hired as a professional therapist. I am both confident and more compassionate as an individual and as a therapist as a result of my time at The Sky Center.
Submit Application Now
Submit digitally or to The Sky Center, PO Box 6004, Santa Fe, NM, 87502